Welcome to the Innovation Center "LIVE eMailer". This page provides information on professional development opportunities open to all currently active Columbus State Community College employees.
The following listing of seminars are geared toward the use of CSCC's Blackboard LMS.
Blackboard SP14 Upgrade Review of New Features
On May 15, 2014 CSCC will be upgrading our Blackboard system to version SP14. With the upgrade to SP14 comes several wonderful system enhancements that will increase .....
Information about CSCC's Blackboard SP14 upgrade can be obtained by any of the following methods:
WebEx Live Online Sessions:
Take part in these information session from the comforts of your home or office. These sessions are done totally live online using WebEx Meeting Center. Please have a computer connected to the Internet (broadband connection) and a method to talk online via you computer with microphone/speakers or headset.
- Mon April 21 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Tue April 22 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Wed April 23 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Thur April 24 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Mon April 28 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Tue April 29 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Wed April 30 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Thur May 1 (12:00 PM - 1:30 PM) - Register
- Sat April 19
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM - Register
- 12:00 - 1:30 PM - Register
- Mon April 21
- Tue April 22
- Wed April 23
- Thur April 24
- Mon April 28
- Tue April 29
- Wed April 30
- Thur May 1
Blackboard SP14 Information Page:
This page has been setup for curious information seekers who are just wanting review the new features without having to attend live review session.
On this page you will find....
Blackboard - Face-to-Face Offerings (F2F)
BLKB-0100-F2F: Introduction to Blackboard (3 Hours)
- NOTE: This session is also available as a fully self-paced online course as well. Please see the section below "Completely Online Self-Paced Offerings" to learn more.
BLKB-0110-F2F: Grade Center I (2 Hours)
- Perquisites: training participants must have already taken Introduction to Blackboard ITI training course.
Blackboard - Completely Online Self-Paced Offerings
The following self-paced ITI courses are taken completely online and do not require any face-to-face meetings.
ITIBB-0100-WEB: Introduction to Blackboard
ITIBB-0110-WEB: Grade Center I
ITIBB-0140-WEB: Discussion Boards
Cougar Webconferencing (WebEx) Training
WebEx Meeting Center Basics
WebEx Meeting Center is a virtual online meeting room which allows Columbus State employees to hold meetings online. WebEx requires participants to have internet access and a computer with a microphone and audio capabilities. All communication is done through the computer, whether a desktop pc or laptop. WebEx allows for multiple participants, up to 200, at different locations to connect online and share any document, power point, web site, or other multimedia. Although WebEx has video capabilities, the focus generally is with sharing data and information with participants.
This session will cover the following topics:
- How to login to the WebEx Meeting Center system
- How to setup and start a meeting
- Review the WebEx Meeting Center area layout
- How to use basic meeting tools effectively
- How to load and share content during a meeting
- Where to learn even more about WebEx Meeting Center
- View/download WebEx Meeting Center overview document (PDF)
All participants seeking to attend training and or/use WebEx must download/complete the Cougar Webconferencing (WebEx) Meeting Request form BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THIS TRAINING SESSION - Download Meeting Center Request Form
Online WebEx Training is available 24/365!
If you would like to attend online training and get a WebEx account please do the following:
- Download the Cougar Webconferencing (WebEx) - Meeting Center Request Form
- Fill request form out completely.
- Make sure to check the box for online training.
- Inner Office mail request form to the IT Support Center.
The Innovation Center and its events are for you, the Columbus State Faculty. If you have any suggestions for events or topics, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you.