Welcome to the Innovation Center "LIVE eMailer". This page provides information on professional development opportunities open to all currently active Columbus State Community College employees.
The following listing of seminars are geared toward the use of CSCC's Blackboard LMS.
Blackboard SP14 Upgrade Review of New Features
On May 15, 2014 CSCC will be upgrading our Blackboard system to version SP14.
Blackboard SP14 Information Page:
Blackboard - Face-to-Face Offerings (F2F)
BLKB-0110-F2F: Grade Center I (2 Hours)
- Perquisites: training participants must have already taken Introduction to Blackboard ITI training course.
- Wednesday, August 20 (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM) - Register
Blackboard - Completely Online Self-Paced Offerings
ITI online courses can be taken completely online and do not require any face-to-face meetings. ITI online classes are now accessible via our new online course tracking portal system that will require you to login when taking our classes. The online tracking system will allow you to track the online courses you have taken, print your own certificates of completion, and even email proof of completion to anyone if the needed.
Our current online Blackboard course offerings are:
- ITIBB-0100-WEB: Introduction to Blackboard
- ITIBB-0110-WEB: Grade Center I
- ITIBB-0130-WEB: Assignments
- ITIBB-0140-WEB: Discussion Boards
All ITI online classes are now access via our new online course tracking portal.
Cougar Webconferencing (WebEx) Training
WebEx Meeting Center Basics
WebEx Meeting Center is a virtual online meeting room which allows Columbus State employees to hold meetings online. WebEx requires participants to have internet access and a computer with a microphone and audio capabilities. All communication is done through the computer, whether a desktop pc or laptop. WebEx allows for multiple participants, up to 200, at different locations to connect online and share any document, power point, web site, or other multimedia. Although WebEx has video capabilities, the focus generally is with sharing data and information with participants.
This session will cover the following topics:
- How to login to the WebEx Meeting Center system
- How to setup and start a meeting
- Review the WebEx Meeting Center area layout
- How to use basic meeting tools effectively
- How to load and share content during a meeting
- Where to learn even more about WebEx Meeting Center
- View/download WebEx Meeting Center overview document (PDF)
All participants seeking to attend training and or/use WebEx must download/complete the Cougar Webconferencing (WebEx) Meeting Request form BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR THIS TRAINING SESSION - Download Meeting Center Request Form
- Thursday, August 7 (9:00 AM - 11:0 AM) - Register
- Thursday, September 4 (9:00 AM - 11:0 AM) - Register
Online WebEx Training is available 24/365!
If you would like to attend online training and get a WebEx account please do the following:
- Download the Cougar Webconferencing (WebEx) - Meeting Center Request Form
- Fill request form out completely.
- Make sure to check the box for online training.
- Inner Office mail request form to the IT Support Center.
The Innovation Center and its events are for you, the Columbus State Faculty. If you have any suggestions for events or topics, please let us know. We look forward to seeing you.